[plug] Kernel 2.4.10

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Sep 25 09:57:38 WST 2001

I upgraded last night from 2.4.9 to 2.4.10 with the
preemptible kernel patches..
All I can say is wow.. it's like supercharging my computer..

The massive vm changes in 10 have solved most of my memory thrash
problems, and the interactivity with the preemptible patches needs
to be seen to be believed.

Compiling Xfree4, Xfree3, Kernel, running mozilla and Openoffice638
and playing xmms in 96mb with no glitches and no pointer freezes,
switching between vc's is smooth and quick, switching into/out of x
is smooth and quick.. Even win4lin runs smoother and faster, although
I doubt it's long term reliability as I had to massage the Win4lin
2.4.9 kernel patch to get it to compile and I'm no kernel hacker..
--
Brad....
                   /"\