[plug] [OT again] Why the US will lose in Afghanistan, take II

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Sep 25 05:02:35 WST 2001

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=21880&threshold=0&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=2335879

Most telling quote:

> We come now to the question of bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone
> Age. Trouble with that scheme is, it's already been done. The Soviets
> took care of it . Make the Afghans suffer? They're already suffering.
> Level their houses? Done. Turn their schools into piles of rubble?
> Done. Eradicate their hospitals? Done. Destroy their infrastructure?
> There is no infrastructure. Cut them off from medicine and health
> care? Too late. Someone already did all that.

What can the USA do which has not already been done? Someone suggested
bombing Kabul with 100,000 $USD100.00 notes. Ridiculous? Maybe. Certainly
food for thought.

PS, if anyone else got a copy of that Microsoft mail, please send me a copy
of all of the addresses in it. I'll work hard and carefully for your
anonymity.