[plug] killfiling replies

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Sep 26 15:16:30 WST 2001

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Leon Brooks wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 13:55, Bret Busby wrote:
> > Why don't you get a lobotomy, or something similarly useful,
> > to drain all the crap?

Folks, speaking of 'draining all the crap',
my .procmailrc for plug works reasonably well with:

	# PLUG - filter out the 'Resent-*' headers.
	:0
	  * ^From:.*bret at busby
	  /dev/null

	  :0 fhw
	  | /usr/bin/formail -I Resent-

	  :0 a:
	  plug
	}

But sometimes its not enough. I need a way to filter replies to deleted
posts. I could use 'formail -D' to build a cache of recent deleted mails,
but how can I check the 'References:' and 'In-Reply-To:' fields of new
e-mails to that msgid-cache?

As an interim measure,
	:0
	* (^References|^In-Reply-To):.*bret.busby.net
	junk

Hope I'm not T.E.A. Leon :)

--
Mike Holland  <myk at golden.wattle.id.au>