[plug] new topics for PLUG website

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed Sep 26 16:50:42 WST 2001

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 15:37, skribe wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:05, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> > Or, you could start a story on the PLUG website and people could
> > pretend to be experts in world politics and military tacticians
> > to their heart's content.  The website never seems to have
> > anything interesting on it, so this would be a start.

> Then I can expect ten interesting items for the PLUG website within the
> next 24 hours?

Some topical suggestions:

* Why Linux is best for a country without the Internet - or for that
  matter, mains power, bridges, or 2WD roads - like Afghanistan.

* Parallel interface software for a camel-based sensor harness.

* Open Source software means that computers on both sides of
  a war can communicate with each other and prevent a second
  Nagasaki.

* Intelligent email parsing for an automated response to abuse.

* The opendribbling project, an email monitoring system to
  monitor outgoing emails and automatically seek out and
  retract the last three if a discussion becomes too heated or
  pointless.

* Performance monitoring of interactive 3D applications at high
  load levels under a pre-emptable kernel (AKA quakefest).

* How using Flightgear and Linux would have saved Ansett enough
  to keep operating for a further three days.

* I can dial my uptime (in seconds) into my 'phone and get
  answers, can you?

Sorry, out of imagination with only two left. Thank you and good night.