[plug] Using SCP without entering a password interactively

Michael Beattie omnic at ethernal.org
Thu Sep 27 19:31:44 WST 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:52:17PM +1200, Michael Beattie wrote:

> It is a lot more secure to set up a public key pair that *does* have a
> passphrase, and use a command lock on the remote end, and batchmode.

ok, my bad.. after playing, I've discovered that the key does need to be
passphraseless. But what I described is still more secure, for the simple
fact that only one thing can be run on the remote end of the connection..

http://www.debian.org/mirror/push_server

(I've complained to the relevant person to mention that the key needs to be
passphraseless.)

Mike.
--
Michael Beattie <mike at ethernal.org>

# Okay, what on Earth is this one supposed to be used for?
        2.4.0 linux/drivers/char/cp437.uni