[plug] wget on iinet's opera - linux 2.0.33

Andrew Francis locust at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 28 02:19:08 WST 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Mike wrote:

> At 02:10 AM 28/9/2001 +0800, you wrote:
> >On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Mike wrote:
> >> Has anyone got wget to run on iinet's opera >?
> >
> >*Comes into thread late
> >
> >Nope, don't seem to be able to, although I can get other pre-compiled
> >binaries working fine. It looks like wget is looking for some
> >files/libraries that opera doesn't have.
>
> with all the singing and dancing features of linux - can't this be
> pointed to in some way so the libraries can be loacated in
> my home dir

The problem is that you need specific versions of the libraries. And they
need specific versions of the libraries, and so forth..

On the off chance you can find libraries that work, you may find that
putting their location in the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH will do
the trick.

--
Andrew Francis
locust at iinet.net.au