[plug] when ldd wont tell you which libs are missing.

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Sep 28 13:14:40 WST 2001

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001, Mike wrote:

> ldd: can't execute ./wget (No such file or directory)

Folks,
I've seen this problem too recently.
In the past, if a program refused to run with the arcane "no such file or
directory" error, I knew it was a missing lib and ran 'ldd' to find it.
But now sometimes ldd wont help, e.g.

/usr/bin/ldd: ./wavplay: No such file or directory

A) Why is ldd failing ?
B) What other way is there to find which dynamic libs a program needs?

(I suspect that wavplay uses a very old libc, but it is ELF.)

--
Mike Holland  <myk at golden.wattle.id.au>
			--==--