[plug] wget on iinet's opera - linux 2.0.33

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Sun Sep 30 20:28:19 WST 2001

On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Mike wrote:
> I read that version 1.4.? was the most stable, and having seen discussion
> on the wget newsgroup at sunsite seems to bear this out. Just curious
> why opera is due for replacement ?

Because it's been in operation since Nov. 1995. It used to do shell, mail,
ftp, client www and iinet.net.au www - it replaced classic, the old
do-everything-server, from memory.

In other words, the OS is ancient (RedHat 4.2 from memory?), is running an
old 2.0 kernel and has patch upon patch to keep the script kiddies at bay
and allow hardware upgrades to work.

PD

--
Paul Day    Web: www.bur.st/~bonfire   PGP-key: www.bur.st/~bonfire/pk.txt