[plug] auto-login

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Tue Apr 2 12:53:59 WST 2002

Hi Bernard

> How can I drop the privileges from a script to do something like
> this? I figure I also need to get the environment setup right. Or am
> I barking right up the wrong tree? I hath googled and come up bare
> handed.

In case you do not want to change the file by hand you can use gdmconfig as root and there is a tab window "Automatic Login".

gdmconfig comes with the gdm debian package.

In KDE I guess there is something similar.

Sacha

Sacha                                   Schlegel

1/67 Upton Str, 6102 St. James, Perth, Australia
sacha at schlegel.li                www.schlegel.li
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg