[plug] ide-scsi problem

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Tue Apr 2 13:11:35 WST 2002

Hi Daniel

> Im having this ide-scsi problem with Mandrake 8.2
>
> Iv tried kernel 2.4.18 and 2.4.19-pre5.

ide-scsci works for me on debian woody with 2.4.18 on a Pentium II motherboard.

do you got something as

append="hdc=scsi" in your /etc/lilo.conf file?

Otherwise I suggest to check the settings again in the linux kernel and trace the problem with scsi software tools, e.g. check /proc/scsi/

> scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 51, scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun
> 0 UNKNOWN(0xbe) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 14 f8 01 00
> hdc: lost interrupt
> ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us more data than expected - discarding data
> ide-scsi: transferred 34272 of 36720 bytes
> scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 57, scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun
> 0 UNKNOWN(0xbe) 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 f8 01 00
> hdc: lost interrupt
> ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us more data than expected - discarding data

> This happens when I use cdrdoa cdda2wav cdrecord etc etc. cant seem to nut
> it out any ideas?

I assume you want to burn a cd. can you read from the cdrecorder device? does that work well without any problems?

I use xcdrost as frontend which works fine for me.

Sacha

Sacha                                   Schlegel

1/67 Upton Str, 6102 St. James, Perth, Australia
sacha at schlegel.li                www.schlegel.li
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg