[plug] Just got Plugged

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 2 22:06:38 WST 2002

skribe wrote :
>On Tue,  2 Apr 2002 21:37, Paul Wilson wrote:
>
>> You know, it's been *so* long since I had a rummage through the kernel,
or
>> anything like it. Years ago, there was this huge mainframe comms
subsystem
>> which I had to do some source amendments to, and it was renown for having
>> comments invoking demons, vampires and dire threats against anyone who
made
>> a change without fully understanding the implications. There was more
than
>> one Christian who refused to even look at the source.. I remember finding
>> it the funniest thing imaginable at the time.  Talk about non-PC.
>
>I guess that just proves that the kernel is unprofessional and that we
should
>all stop using it immediately.

:-)  I'd take bets that almost *any* large coding project has similar
comments in it. I try to avoid such things in mine (due to the presence of
the humour-impaired), but once in a while I lapse.  The last one involved a
red-eyed demon from the nether world who would rip out your soul .....
Well, you get the idea.

The Hooker