[plug] off topic: telstra exchange in Mandurah

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Wed Apr 3 08:36:59 WST 2002

With the $50 million dollar Australian government grant (read: another
taxpayer funded fix that could've been avoided if Telstra didn't take
short cuts to begin with) Telstra now guarentee's a minimum of 19,200 on
all lines. For regional customers that grant was supposed to start on
the 11th of December, 2001. The rest of the country had to wait a bit
longer...apparently starting on the 4th of March, 2002.

People with problems they wanted tested were supposed to be directed to
this site -
http://www.iapselfhelp.com/
but I've heard that sites about as usefull as a hole in the head.

So if you're getting lost carriers at 21,600...stiff cheese :P

HTH

/Kai