[plug] off topic: telstra exchange in Mandurah

John Breen locutus at borg.apana.org.au
Wed Apr 3 18:59:12 WST 2002

AFAIR, The last time I spoke to Telstra about modem connect speeds was
when I was in Mandurah, and they said "you're on an analog exchange and
we'll guarantee 1200 baud connections only.  If you're getting 12800
you're lucky..."  Of course, this was 1995 before ISDN was even
available in Mandurah...