[plug] I feel like the Queen / X Windowing Dev Team

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Apr 7 19:43:06 WST 2002

On Sunday 07 April 2002 05:55 pm, Russell Steicke wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 07:54:27PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
>> Specifically, when they were singing ``We are the Champions!'' (-:

> Oh.  I thought your mum had just died...

No, that was last year - and happens to everyone sooner or later.

> Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
> -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Or not. (-:

Also, for those who are interested, the picture of the leggy X Windowing
Development Team that I mentioned a few months ago turns out to be a
badge-engineered shot of Playboy's X Treme Team, who actually do serious
running around in the jungle and stuff from time to time.

I haven't found a copy of this image anywhere on the web (I got it in email
waaaaay back when), it tickles my funny bone, and has no nudity etc, so I put
it up temporarily at http://leon.brooks.fdns.net/X-windowing-dev-team.jpg for
your amusement. It's 480x574 and 42kB.

In the interest of balance I would appreciate a link if you know of any
pictures of muscley firemen or the like wearing clothes with an X on them
that I can suitably relable and offer to the femmes.

Cheers; Leon