[plug] Install errors

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Mon Apr 15 20:31:39 WST 2002

Hya,

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Brian Tombleson wrote:

> From: "DJ Jackson" <djackson at transport.wa.gov.au>
> > Well not really install error, because it seems thaT LINUX INSTALLS
> > sucessfully but when it trys to start I get the following message.
> <snip>
> > Machine is a P75 with 48mg and 2gb hd Xebec by Y-Micro.
> > This occured with both 7.1 and 7.2.
>
> Umm .. isn't RH7.x built for the 6x86 (at least, the standard distribution)?
> .. thus potentially trying causing problems on your 5x86
I'm running 7.1 on a P75 clocked to 100MHz goes good for me, but I do
have 128MB RAM.

I think if you use the i386 kernel and glibc rpm's, it's a stock
standard kernel and stuff.

> Just a thought.
> - Brian.

Just adding to your thought, hope you don't mind...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */