[plug] Compressed filesystems

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Apr 17 14:46:12 WST 2002

Ben Jensz wrote:

> Oh, and BTW, I did use Google to find that, the keywords I used were:
>
> filesystem compress linux
>
> You can find most stuff with Google, just try different sets of keywords
> until you get something thats relevant :).

Oh, I found those.. but nothing that is applicable to a 2.4 kernel really..
I was hoping someone had used/was using something like this.
I'm going to have a play with zisofs and see if I can't get it to do what
I want. I really only need to update the image once a month or so, other
than that it can be read only.

It's the freedb database, so it's pretty large. 100meg bzipped but I ran
out of space (Over 1.1GB) trying to uncompress it and I'm trying to fit
it on a laptop. I already have a 30gb drive in here, I'm trying to buy some
time until the new IBM 60gb laptop drives hit AUS and become affordable.

Thanks for the tips all.

--
Brad....
                   /"\