[plug] is rsync not good for iso updates because highly compressed - whole image changes if only few updated files?

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 17 21:22:28 WST 2002

Hello All,
I envisaged rsync for situations like when a beta of a new distribution
release comes out and is shortly after superceded.
I have been told that even if few files are changed the isos are so highly
compressed these days that the files appear totally different to rsync and
thus the whole file would end up downloaded.  Is this correct, or is it
only with some distributions?

Thanks very much,
Daniel.