[plug] vmware and accelerated graphics

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Thu Apr 18 13:26:30 WST 2002

My employer is currently in the early stages of deploying a managed
desktop, using Windows 2000 and some application management software
from a company called Managesoft.

On my desktop is a linux box that I use for development in java and
java3d.  I need accelerated graphics to keep doing that.

Someone on the managed desktop team has told me that if I run linux as a
guest under vmware on the win2k host with a geforce2 card, then it will
do accelerated graphics in the guest.  I can't confirm this by browsing
the vmware site.  I think he was referring to the 3.1 vmware release.

Can anyone who used has vmware in this way (win2k host, linux guest,
perhaps geforce2 hardware) confirm that the guest can/cannot do native
accelerated graphics?

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
There's no such thing as an original sin.
		-- Elvis Costello