[plug] Unzipping Winzip spanned floppies in Linux

Phillip Steege psteege at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 19 09:34:10 WST 2002

I got the answer from alt.os.linux.
mount /mnt/floppy, which will mount the floppy device and determine the fisk
format.
DO NOT REMOVE THE FLOPPY WITHOUT FIRST UNMOUNTING.
Copy all the files to a Linux dir, using the standard > methods: kfm, cp,
etc.
Make sure to name the files in the correct sequence: zip1, sip2, zip3,
etc....
 Concatenate all the zip files together into one file:
  cat zip1 zip2 zip3 > bigzip.zip
"Fix" the concatenated zip file:
 zip -F bigzip.zip
4. Use unzip to unpack. Type "unzip" to get a brief unzip help.

Thanks for the response.