[plug] Schools [taken] out today?

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Fri Apr 19 12:06:00 WST 2002

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 11:54:51AM +0800, skribe wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:22, Mark Nold wrote:
>
> > Anyone interested in putting some evidence for this together and presenting
> > it to the Premier? If  not, the West Australian?
>
> Yeah, I am.  I've done some research already but have been strapped
> for time.

The basic reasoning needed, plus really good example scenarios, has
been quite well presented in this document produced by a South African
Government think-tank:

http://www.naci.org.za/docs/opensource.html

The title:
"Open Software & Open Standards in
        South Africa
A Critical Issue for Addressing
    the Digital Divide"

Of course, Australia is on the other side of the digital divide from
South Africa, but pretty much all the arguments still apply here.

Colin