[plug] sound card

David & Lisa Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Tue Apr 23 15:54:24 WST 2002

Hi all,

David is running Slackware 3.5 on a computer angels supplied 486 with 16mb
ram.  I don't know whether there is a sound card installed, but I suspect
that what he wants to do is:

a) Install a sound card
b) configure the sound card.

Problem a) requires David to locate a sound card if he does not have one.
May I suggest Computer Salvage.

Problem b) is something that Plug can probably help David with.

Computer Salvage is at:  165 Beaufort St in Northbridge.  Their contact
phone # is: (08) 9328 2660

If David takes his box in to them, they would certainly sell him a sound
card that fits.  They *might* even plug it into the computer for him.

At that point, David would then need to investigate how to configure it.

cheers

David Buddrige