[plug] Darwin OS

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Apr 24 09:30:42 WST 2002

I thought these people were joking ... they're not?

"The real operating system hiding under the newest version of the Macintosh
operating system (MacOS X) is called... Darwin! That's right, new Macs are
based on Darwinism! While they currently don't advertise this fact to
consumers, it is well known among the computer elite, who are mostly
Atheists and Pagans. Furthermore, the Darwin OS is released under an "Open
Source" license, which is just another name for Communism. They try to hide
all of this under a facade of shiny, "lickable" buttons, but the truth has
finally come out: Apple Computers promote Godless Darwinism and Communism."

http://members.truepath.com/objective/propaganda.html

There is a lot packed into this *piece*. I have all sorts of questions now.
I thought MACs were the good guys - much discussion on another list about
computers in films. I will have to check out the "lickable" buttons. There
are a few interesting trains of thought in the addendum, "older, obsolete
OS called 'BSD Unix" ? And that daemons are because we can't spell demons.
And heaven forbid, "chmod 666". Darwinism, Communism, Open Source,
computers, Atheists, Pagans - what a diverse group of people, a Good Thing(tm).

Regards
Jacqueline

PS
207.67.219.101