[plug] Learning Linux

David White tadewhite at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 24 07:58:06 WST 2002

I don't know which topic this fits under but i thourght i would tell you this.
When i got linux earlyer this year i had problems using it because the
Desktop was slow (KDE and GNOME - i tried them both) and i missed a command
line that i understood. Gradualy I have learnt the teminals and am more
confident but was still strugling. Then I had a HDD problems and was forced
to reinstall Linux but that wouldn't work so had to temperarly reert back
to win98.  Win98 then chose monday as the perfect time to try and kill my
CD-Rom drive so now I have got dual boot with linux running IceWM and win98
(so that i can test WINE) and can use the terminal nearly as fluenty as I
did with DOS. Yes belive it or not my DOS work is coming in usefull as I
grew up on DOS until 2 years ago the I finaly got Win 3.1 for my homebuilt
Computer and the Win98. LINUX RULES

Tim