[plug] free software desktop publishing

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Apr 25 09:28:41 WST 2002

On Wednesday 24 April 2002 21:22, David & Lisa Buddrige wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any desktop publishing software that is available for
> Linux?  Preferably free software (as in freedom), however it would be
> interesting to know if non-free desktop publishing s/ware is available.  My
> guess is that there isn't any, but someone else may know better than I.

Not Quark by any means, but Scribus is aiming for that, and KWord will do
desktop-publishy placement of components etc. There is also a TCL layer-out
called Impress that I haven't looked at for ages.

    http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/

    http://www.koffice.org/kword/

    http://www.ntlug.org/~ccox/impress/

Cheers; Leon