[plug] Failure to boot from SCSI

Carl Gherardi C.Gherardi at curtin.edu.au
Fri Apr 26 12:16:54 WST 2002

Related to the need for a debian CD.

I recently took our Debian server down to add more file space.

I appear to have some issue with all disks powering up at the same time.
Probably a power supply issue - 4 new 10000rpm cheetah drives. The system
would start to power up then immediately switch itself off before even
getting to memory check stage.

I took them all offline to get the system back up and running as it was, and
the 2G SCSI drive it was running from is no longer booting, or even
attempting to boot. The drive is being recognized correctly on bootup.

It a dual ASUS P2X (where is is a letter between B and F) board.

Any idea as to what could have happened?

The BIOS is still keeping time so that doesn't appear to be the problem, and
i'm at a loss for ideas.

Thanks

Carl Gherardi