[plug] Sound on Linux

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Apr 27 09:56:50 WST 2002

At 11:00 AM 04/26/2002, you wrote:
>PLUGers
>
>Our OSS list has a some little activities going at the mo' and I'd like to
>know
>what minumum system people would be happy with to stream net audio.

I would like to know if anyone is using vorbis libraries and an ogg player
on their machine.

On another list, it was mentioned that the BBC has been playing with ogg
streaming:

http://support.bbc.co.uk/ogg/

Most of the Internet to radio projects that I'm aware of don't use ogg, but
then again I have not thought to investigate what they do use. The focus of
many of these projects is content and who they reach.

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)