[plug] MSN Messenger Overtakes ICQ - Survey

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 29 07:11:17 WST 2002

try gabber - from freshmeat:

About:
Gabber is a Jabber client for GNOME. Jabber is a flexible distributed
Open Source instant messaging system. It also happens to allow
communication with other instant messaging systems, such as ICQ, AIM,
Yahoo!, MSN, and even IRC. Gabber aims to implement quite a bit of
Jabber's functionality while remaining easy to use.

My daughter was using on MSN and others with gabber up until I gave in
to the constant whinge "I want windows" - gabber seemed quite OK, but
the kids actually seem to miss the horrible push advertising and bells
and whistles!  I use Licq, but most of the people I kept in contact with
seem to have moved on.

BillK