[plug] Virii and the Leon Factor

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Mon Apr 29 22:50:16 WST 2002

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 16:22, Harry McNally wrote:
> PLUGers
>
> This just appeared in the latest SEAWA newsletter.
>
> "
> 2.  Malware's Destructive Appetite Grows
> An evil array of computer viruses, worms and Trojan horses will in coming years
> propagate to your cell phone, invade your personal digital assistant (PDA), open
> back doors into your PC and more, experts are forecasting. See
> http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/stories/0,1199,NAV47-81_STO69674,00.html"
>
> Praps Leon, you could advise SEAWA of you recent virus analysis ? They might
> post them in the next newsletter by way of .. clarification :-)
>
> I'm thinking the doomsayers above are assuming that cell phones and PDAs will
> all be running WinCE (based on your conclusions about virii). Bit presumptious
> and misguided methinks.

When you've ported Linux to your Erricson I'll be impressed. :)

> All the best
> Harry

On a similar note, a friend of mine was having some work done on his car
(a Volvo *Holds back laugh*). I got talking to the mechanic and he
described how all the new Volvos are computerised, with everything
interconnected and micro-controlled. I now have a new goal in life...
...Linux on a Volvo! You wouldn't need all those extra air bags then -
Linux doesn't crash :P