[plug] network printing

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Tue Apr 30 21:57:13 WST 2002

Hi

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 20:30, Jon L.Miller wrote:
> Can anyone recommend the best network printing solution (cups vs lprng vs ??)
> when the printer is connected directly to the server and users are win9x
> clients using samba and logging in to the linux/samba (rh7.2) server.

CUPS for GNU/Linux server and printer and SAMBA for win clients and
GNU/Linux server work fine for me.

I dont knonw for sophisticated authentication matters because all I do
is share a printer and the one windows user has the same username as on
the server and though can access its shared home directory on the
server.

Sacha