[plug] Deb mirror

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Thu Aug 1 20:17:38 WST 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:12:22PM +0800, garry wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to build a woody mirror from the woody cd set..
>
> Have looked at a package called debiansync, which can use the sources.list
> file (and perhaps-maybe) the scanned cds.. Anyone know of a better/easier way?

I did this a while ago (potato days) by simply `cp -a`ing each cd's
contents to somewhere like /debian/cd1, /debian/cd2 etc, and adding
the respective line to sources.list:

deb file:/debian/cd1 woody main non-free contrib

and ditto for each cd.

There may be a neater way to merge them all together, but this
method here worked without problems for me.

HTH,

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham