[plug] drag&drop and gnome desktop

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 2 09:38:42 WST 2002

Sent this a few days ago and no answer so trying again:

I wish to have an icon on the gnome desktop that I can drop a file from
a filemanager onto and have it run and process the file.  The file type
is already associated with a mimetype and I dont want to disrupt that as
most files will be correct, I only want to preprocess some for the user.

If I do:
#!/bin/sh
gvim $1

and make it executable doing "script.pl filename" runs gvim with the
file argument.  If I drop the script on the desktop, drag&drop doesnt
work - same if I create a launcher for it.  From memory kde used to run
this type of thing fine, so how do I do it in gnome?

BillK