[plug] No passwd for user

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri Aug 2 10:58:33 WST 2002

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 06:08:51PM +0800, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> p.s. when people talk about what Debian install they have they say
> woody/sid, what does the sid stand for?

If you're asking that, you really need to go and watch Toy Story  :)

sid is always the unstable Debian distribution, and so contains the most
up-to-date (but possibly broken) packages.  Many people run the current
stable (now woody) or testing distribution (now sarge) with a few
packages chosen manually from sid to gain the latest features.

This is obviously a little more risky, since things are more likely to
break (hence the name sid), but often works very well.  If you're
interested, you'll probably want to read up on package pinning.

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Your mouse has moved.  Windows must be
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | restarted for the change to take