[plug] Active response IDSs?

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 3 03:03:47 WST 2002

If you want to block people doing scans, you can use portsentry, where
not-very-nice-people get sent to an iptables or ipchains DENY...

Just make sure that VERY trusted machines are excluded, such as your
routers and mail servers, just in case someone tries spoofing your
router (very funny results - not)

Craig F.