[plug] script problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Aug 4 08:46:54 WST 2002

In my script the running of the functions seems to be the issue.  I have 2
function that I run called
-----------------------------------
in_usr()
create_usr()
exit 0
-----------------------------------

This is the error when I run the script
/usrnput.sh: line 69: syntax error near unexpected token `create_usr('
/usrnput.sh: line 69: `create_usr()'

My queston is do I run the function with or without the "()".  I've not
program script before and this is my first attempt.  In other languages one
would create teh functon as:
function_name
{
    commands
}

function_name()
or
function_name(parameter) if you need to pass information.

Since I do not know how bash scripting functons are handled I'm at lost here
  Also, if someone can recommend a good book (beginner - advanced) in bash
scripting or a website that handles this.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Jon L. Miller
MMT Networks Pty Ltd