[plug] Maildir filtering tool

chris choypoy at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 4 15:55:11 WST 2002

Goodmorning,
	Chasing down a procmail or maildrop type tool that is intelligent
enough to grab the Maildir/ from a MySQL database of users.

ie. Just setup PostFix and Courier-IMAP to authenticate against a MySQL
database, with IMAP setup - but the users are not "local" users, all
they can do is check mail through IMAP.. I have all the users from the
different domains in this kind of arrangement ..

/var/spool/postfix/virtual/domain.com/user1/Maildir/

and I want to set up filters on whatever to drop it into directories
(like Maildrop does)

-- normally, I used to use Maildrop, but its not intelligent enough to
grab the directories from the MySQL db, so its kinda lame. They have
support for LDAP coming down the line (great, I'd have to undo all this
and convert it to LDAP, but it aint stable yet apparently, so no biggy).

I know I can leave it all up to the client to do the filter, but that
gets annoying, cos I have users (and myself) who use both the web
interface and also individual mail clients to access mail (ie the whole
point of IMAP is to have central access anyway.. yahyah)

anyway, apart from configuring all the clients the same, anyone seen
anything that might do the trick?

chris