[plug] vi issue

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sun Aug 4 22:00:47 WST 2002

On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 09:56:56PM +0800, Jon Miller wrote:
> While using vi I've noticed that the number 1 no matter where it appears has
> a blocking type mode on it on not on any other number.  This happens when I
> close vi and reopen as well.

Does vi=vim?

Do you mean to say that it comes up highlighted all the time?
It could be because it was what was last searched for. Type
/fahosfas (or some rubbish) to clear the highlighting (there may be
another way, but that works just as well for me)

Failing that, the sure solution will be to remove (or move, or edit)
~/.viminfo

Rgds,

Bernard.

--