[plug] Knoppix at WAIX, DoV

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Aug 5 10:40:04 WST 2002

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:06, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Does anyone know of a WAIX or Parnet mirror of the latest Knoppix? This
> distro sounds really really cool. (Not that I'm deserting Debian. -_^
> Knoppix is a CD-based Distro, good for Recovery and Demo-ing).

If not, I can probably provide a slowish (ISDN) one now that I'm an unlimited
ArachNet DoV user.

Nick, the kernels were indeed all sans DoV. Rebooted with a DoV kernel, the
isdnutils startup failed (actually loaded the HiSax module with the wrong
parameters as well), but llcall2 from Traverse clocked on first go, no
worries.

I have no idea why, but the Debian box rebooted itself shortly after 5AM this
morning. Perhaps a power glitch, although the P166 it is using has an ATX-ish
PSU which is not prone to self-starting.

That's the only break in service that I've seen since kicking DoV in, so I
guess ArachNet's DoV lines aren't as crowded as their modem indials.

Cheers; Leon