[plug] OK, those of you with fat pipes...

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 5 13:11:48 WST 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 12:55:24PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Does anyone in the city (or Claremont) have a copy of Knoppix down and burned
> yet, that I can propagate? ETA via ISDN is two days...

You may have some luck copying Debian Woody's binary-i386-1_NONUS.iso
to KNOPPIX_V3.1-04-08-2002-EN.iso , then rsyncing it from, say,
planetmirror. They should have many files in common.

Hmmm... UWA's WAIX-only IP addresses are still unhappy. We can
_probably_ get it for free, but I wish more sites had a traceroute.cgi
to test that idea...

> I notice that the mirror at Comindico (PlanetMirror) has a slightly older date
> (31 Jul 2002) in the ISO filename than the German and Austrian mirrors (04
> Aug 2002) and a different MD5. Does anyone know what the practical
> differences are?

That'd be the last beta version, I guess...? Changelog says:

* V3.1-04-08-2002
- Kernel 2.4.19-xfs
- Permission-Problem in /etc/ppp beseitigt (kppp)
- flying-Games gelo"scht
- isdn-config update
- /etc/aliases-Pfad fu"r englische OpenOffice-Helpfiles

* V3.1-31-07-2002
- umask=000 fu"r Disketten (Schreiben auf DOS-formatierte
  Floppies per Automounter wieder mo"glich)
- openssl update
- 1394-Unterstu"tzung

Nick.

--
     Nick Bannon      | "I made this letter longer than usual because
  nick-sig at rcpt.to    | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal