[plug] When apt-get just wont apt-get

Adam Davin bladebadger at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 6 09:54:06 WST 2002

Hello All,

This is a little late, but I ran into some problems with apt-get install
<pkg>; apt-get remove <pkg> when I was trying to get something to work.
Silly me I was cleaning up the directory tree and found some directories
that I thought should have been removed so I deleted them ...

On re-installation of <pkg> I found that necessary config files were missing
and that apt doesn't automagically put these in if they are missing because
as far as it is concerned they are still there...

thats when I found dpkg --force-help options. I mananged to use
the --force-confmiss (?) to write any config files that were missing ...

HTH

Adam.