[plug] Simms for old triton motherboard

Clare Johnstone clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 6 13:46:38 WST 2002

Dear pluggers,
Sorry to be off topic, but I am down in Bunbury, and without my own
vehicle and supposed to be resting.

The ancient box I am trying to set up with Win and Linuxes has only
32M memory. OpenOffice wants (and needs) 64M minimum.
The memory is 72 pin SIMM , and currently is using 2 of 4 banks so I
suppose those are 16M each.
They can combine with 2 more of size 4, 8, 16 or 32.
Thus I need 2 of size 32   or  2 of size 16 (or, in a perfect world
4 of size 32; but that might get a bit expensive if I have to buy them).

Notes on these SIMMS from the motherboard booklet are:
Faster than 70ns, all banks can use either 1-sided or 2-sided,
All banks are auto bank.
DRAM Type Fast Page Mode or Extended Data Output (EDO)

Also anyone who has for sale a serial modem....?

Any offers of help gratefully received,
thanking you,
Clare Johnstone