[plug] Trident CyberBladeXP-based laptops

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 8 23:26:51 WST 2002

>It runs under the trident driver in 4.2 (I've put mandrake 8.2 on because
>that's what I had lying around) alright, but the 2d accel is very limited,
>esp for window moving etc. I've downloaded a binary XF86-4.2 + driver by
>the trident maintainer that adds some more 2d accel but breaks Xv... still
>its looking alright so far since I assume the xv breakage is caused by the
>fact that I'm using a module compiled for a different X build. Built in
>wireless seems to work - but the 56k winmodem (of course) won't.
>
>Thanks for the comment.

Oh aye, the winmodem's a pain, innit? We're lucky enough to have mate that's
going to give us an external PC card modem, I'm assuming that'll work! Go to
linmomdem.org if I remember correctly, but make sure you've partitioned
properly first, because you'll have to play around with kernel compilations
etc. If you've got it all working and tickety-boo, can you giz a shout
offlist and tell me how the Trident drivers go instead of the VESA standard?
I'd love to konw if I can get Tux Racer running on Dad's laptop, eh? :)

anarchist tomato

Make lunch, not war.