[plug] samba problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Aug 12 22:36:59 WST 2002

I have samba running on a RH7.3 server and a windows 98 client.  I cannot get the windows client to login.  I have the following setup already:

smb.conf
workgroup, shares all check out when I run testparms, so I see do issue with smb.conf.
netlogon is enabled with a login script in the location specified in netlogon share.
I'm also running dhcpd and I cannot see any issues with this.  I have the range set, name servers set, etc

on the W98 PC
TCP/IP with ipaddress obtain from server
Client for MS  set with both workgroup and Logon to Windows NT domain set to the workgroup name.

Issue I cannot get a ipaddress.
In /var/log/messages I can see dhcp doing a discover and a offer of an ip address, but that is all that is happening.

Any ideas

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby