[plug] [link] If you ever want to justify the GPL in a business sense, go here

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Aug 13 11:34:28 WST 2002

> First OpenOffice and now this, it's gettin' better fellers! Now as soon
> as KWord's m$ export filter works........
We can use something that eats < 128mb RAM and takes less than 5min to
start up.

I'm puzzled as to why OO.o takes _quite_ so long to load, actually.
Anybody know? Wonder if its on the "arrggh, must fix asap" list for the
developers, because it is a big problem. I know people using the (much,
much faster than linux) win32 version who still say its painfully slow.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)