[plug] Procmail question

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Tue Aug 13 11:45:30 WST 2002

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 11:01, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> I would think that you need to rules:
> {
>
> 	:0fw
> 	:
> 	| perl mangle bit
> 	:0h
> 	:
> 	| $DELIVERMAIL -e -a $CYUSER -m $MAIN.FooFolde
>
> }

Close. This is what I needed:

{
        :0fhw
        | /usr/bin/perl -pe '!/^(Subject:.*)\[FOO\]/s &&
s/^(Subject:\s*)(.*)$/${1}[FOO] $2/s;'
        :0
        | $DELIVERMAIL -e -a $CYUSER -m FooMailBox
}

I was just missing the :0 line.
The h in the first block is to only process the mail header.
I found it also helps if you deliver to a valid Mail Folder. ^_^;;;

> Also try setting:
>
> MAILDIR='/home/trevor/.mail'
> LOGFILE=${MAILDIR}/.log
> VERBOSE=on
>
> Or similar in your .procmailrc the verbose stuff should help alot.

Hmmm. Verbose actually did bugger all of any use for me. *ponder*

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |