[plug] kernel 2.4 enet+disk weirdness

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Aug 13 17:53:07 WST 2002

> Check the output of "hdparm /dev/hda" and see if unmaskirq is on or off.
> If it's off, read the hdparm man page, particularly the warnings about
> reliability with the -u flag, and then if you're still game, try setting
> the unmaskirq flag with "hdparm -u1 /dev/hda".

*whacks head*

I knew I was forgettting something obvious. Well, not obvious but I've
always done it on all my other machines. Been busy configuring and
building a kernel that will actually load my PCMCIA modules first (the
2.4.18-686 that ships with debian seems to have "missing symbol" issues).

Thanks for the wake-up.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)