[plug] Intenet banking and Linux browsers

Matthew Robinson matt at zensunni.org
Wed Aug 14 18:18:23 WST 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Bret Busby wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> Okay, then. What do YOU call new browser window things that open up, that
> have no browser window controls, that cannot be changed in size without
> crashing, that mimick applets, that look like applets, that feel like
> applets, that work like applets, that taste and smell like applets...?

The window that asks for your login is not an applet, it is simply an HTML
page in a browser window that has been opened using Javascript.  The
javascript has told the window not to display controls and to remove the
ability to resize.

Paste the following javascript link into your browsers address bar and then
tell me that the entire PLUG website is an applet (this should all be on a
single line):

javascript:window.open("http://plug.linux.org.au", "PLUG",
"toolbar=0,status=1,location=no,menubar=no,directories=no,scrollbars=yes,res
izable=no,screenX=0,screenY=0,left=180,top=185,width=300,height=200");

> Others have agreed that they are applets. Perhaps, you name them pearlets

Others are wrong, in this case.

Matt

--
s&&!msfQ!&&s&$&utvK&&s&(Q)&\1!sfiupoB&&s&^&reverse Ibdlfs&e&s&^&#
&&s&$&#!uojsq&&s&(.)&chr(ord($1)-1)&ge&s&(.*)&reverse $1&see