[plug] networking XP Pro and Samba

Andrew J. Barbara andrew at mailerdirect.net
Wed Aug 14 22:50:29 WST 2002

I just did a quick google search and found the following...

ON WINDOWS XP ONLY!!!
Go into your registry and Change the following Value to "0" instead of
"1". Such as:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
\ "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000

Also have you created a Machine account on the samba server?  This is
important because all NT based OSs that log onto a NT domain need a
machine account on the domain.  Although I have had some instances where
it was added automatically I find that it is not very reliable, so I
just usually add the machine account befoure.

Andrew