[plug] Intenet banking and Linux browsers

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Aug 15 16:11:08 WST 2002

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Colin Muller wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 02:35:24PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > I had enabled "Only accept cookies originating from the same viewer
> > as the page being viewed", which should have been adequate.
>
> What happens without that restriction on cookie origin?
>
> Colin

The same thing.

Using the "Warn me of any cookies" on both occasions, only one cookie was
indicated, a session id cookie, and, this time (I had not looked at the
details so closely last time), it stated that it would be sent back to
itself (or, the sever was sending a cookie that would only be sent back to
itself).

The complete message returned from the login attempt, is
"This function is currently available. Please try again later."

Every time that I tried to access the facility, using Netscape
4.61,running on RH 6.2, since the start of July, I got the same response.

The time out this time,was after 124 seconds.

When using Opera 6.02, running on RH 7.3, I disallow cookies, so it should
not be a cookie issue.

Perhaps, they test the browser version, and, decide that they will
disallow particular versions of Netscape, but you have been successful
with 4.78, and I have been unsuccessful with 4.79.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988