[plug] Test program for Ethernet networks

Craig Foster fostware at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 17 11:22:37 WST 2002

Why not ftp using good quality network cards (to minimise the effects of
dodgy cards)
ISO's are good for large transfers, although there is a problem with
small files and how much overhead choosing each little file takes from
the actual throughput of the network
Switches will pose a problem, as it needs multiple simultaneous tests to
find out the real backplane throughput - if your looking for that as
well...

BTW Not that it counts for much, but that's what they use to test your
ADSL gets it proper throughput (at least to the provider...)

Regards,

Craig F.