Fw: [plug][protocol] no attachments please

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Aug 20 12:24:44 WST 2002

> Without knowing how the mailing list application operates, or how it can
> be configured, as some have this obsession about wanting the inclusion
> of signature attachments retained, so that they can show off that they
> are using PGP, can the mailing list application be configured to strip
> attachments that are not signature attachments?

I gather somebody mentioned that the list mail gets run through
procmail, so quite likely it _can_ selectively filter attachments. For
example I'd consider just stripping ".exe" ".bat" ".vbs" ".scr" ".com"
etc (windows executable files) and maybe text/html.

If its a choice between not stripping attachments and stripping all of
them, including sigs for those who want to use them, I'm all for
stripping everything. I would prefer to leave _potentially_ useful
attachment types in if possible, of course. Anyway, I've said all I want
to on this issue and won't bug the list about it any further. Either it
gets taken to the committee or it doesn't  and I'm personally not too
fussed either way.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)